The "C" Word

Someone once said, "Too often, we get so focused on the finish line that we fail to find joy in the journey." This is Brynn's journey. You are invited to share in her fear and faith as she ventures into unfamiliar territory. Thank you, in advance, for your prayers and support for Brynn and her family. This is OUR journey. As we work together and pray together, may we truly find joy along the way.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Post-Surgery

I went to surgery on January 29, 2015. It went great, and I only had to spend one night in the hospital. The next day I had a movie night with some of my friends from church and an excellent recovery the following week. Since then I've had one round of Chemo and am starting radiation tomorrow.I was going to school on a regular basis and been able to stop taking pills for about a month now.everything is going great and healing fine. I have a lot of support back home and doing good. The scar scar on my back is pretty big, but it never really hurts. I can even feel the end of my rib!going great and I only have about six more months of chemo to go until I'm cancer free! Do you only bad news is that there was still a bit of cancer so I'm going to have to start radiation tomorrow as I said before. I've already had a mold made of my upper body and think will be pretty easy. At least easier than chemo is! I hope you have a good year! Oh! And I'm not allowed to take doxorubicin while I am in radiation, so that's a good thing!I do have chemo later today, but it's Vanchristine, so I won't throw up or anything. I'm not really sure what you want to know so if you have any questions just comment them below and I'll try my best to answer. Thanks for checking in! I'll try my best blog more often then I have fan, but it's been a very exciting past few months! Check again later! Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Love to get your updates. I am amazed by your awesome attitude! You are totally one of my favorite nieces. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to get your updates. I am amazed by your awesome attitude! You are totally one of my favorite nieces. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brynn, love you so much! You said you could feel the end of your rib. So they didn't take the whole rib out. (See, I can deduce things, like Sherlock.) That's a good thing, I guess. Keep on keeping on! Thanks for letting us know how it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey... I used to have this big scar from when I had my Left Kidney taken and I would recommend Emu Oil. I use this brand called True Relief. Its in Texas, but my Mom orders it online! Its a little pricey, but works like a charm. Also, I used to have really bad dark under eye circles, thanks to chemo, but I put some Emu Oil on it and now, no more dark under eye circles!
    So happy for you about how surgery went so well!

    ReplyDelete